Saturday, December 29, 2007

IN THE LONG RUN: A Hopeful World Odyssey - goes online FREE for the reading!

Hi,

Wow! Where does time go, eh? It's been so long since my last post.

But I have been very busy since then - blowing my own horn, as it were. If you have been to the Odyssey website - http://www.melawend.com/ - you know the tune I'm playing: My book - IN THE LONG RUN: A Hopeful World Odyssey - acclaimed by readers (http://www.melawend.com/reviews1.htm) - will soon be published online exclusively on the Odyssey website.

Starting January 7 and running through April 21, I will be publishing three chapters per week. That will be an average of 28,750 words every seven days for 16 weeks.

So, besides the day job, chores, and the times with family, that's what I've been up to - mostly doing some background writing including press releases about the online book launch, which began going out on November 27.

The responses have included postings on websites and requests for articles and online interviews including a podcast. (I will put URLs up here soon.)



Why are you giving IN THE LONG RUN away free for the reading, Tom?

The answer is simple: reader feedback.

I’m hoping that by offering it online free for the reading, a lot of people will read the book and will tell others about it and, or, tell me about good things they got out of the story for themselves.

I’m further hoping that reader feedback will help create demand for the photo-illustrated hardcover and trade paperback editions, which are already being planned with one of Canada’s top book printers.

But I am also hopeful some readers of the online edition will get enough value out of the book to want to give value back to me financially or through helping to promote the book – so I will be better enabled to write more books and give more value to others, including you.

You see, this online book launch is a make-it or break-it situation for my career as a writer. I put fourteen years and many thousands of dollars into this book. It has taken a toll on my relationships. I am also debating whether or not to keep working on a novel and some ideas for magazine articles.

Simply put, I must make a financial success of IN THE LONG RUN: A Hopeful World Odyssey or let it and the writing go. Frankly, I am at a crossroads and not sure which way to go.

So please do express your honest opinions of the book and my writing - either here, or by send me an e-mail: tom@melawend.com

All the best to you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!

Tom

THOMAS MARTIN SMITH
"The Scooter Crusader"

author of IN THE LONG RUN – A Hopeful World Odyssey
A photojournalist’s two-year journey around the world on motorscooter Melawend
  • I have one problem with the book…I can’t put it down!
  • “…more than a little reminiscent of The Lord of the Rings."
  • “After reading it, the words ‘He’s a modern Marco Polo’ came to mind.”

Website: http://www.melawend.com/
Reviews: http://www.melawend.com/reviews1.htm

BREAKING NEWS!..... Bookmark the website NOW! The entire book will be published online - FREE FOR THE READING!
- exclusively on http://www.melawend.com/
January 7 through April 21, 2008 - three chapters per week.
Enjoy the journey!!

No comments: